Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beautiful Living: Baking for family and friends.

Those sweet old days ...
When I was a young boy, I loved watching my 2nd elder sister baking. She was the only one in the family who has the talent in baking. Often I offered help whipping eggs or sifting flour and eventually stirred the baking mixture. I was a great assistant and often when she was not paying attention, I would have a spoonful of cake dough in my mouth! She never caught me doing that! I remembered vividly she used to bake rock cake, which is also one of my favorites especially with a cup of sweet cream tea.

Life is beautiful!
I am sharing a rock cake recipe with you. You can bake a dozens of these rock cakes and bring them to office or invite a few friends come over your apartment/house for tea party or just deliver to your neighbor or friends with a friendly note. A simple thing like this would bring a surprise smile to people around you.
Rock Cakes
2 cups of self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt

1 egg

3 oz butter

3 oz fine sugar

1 tsp vanilla

4 oz mixed fruits

1 - 2 tbsp milk


Sift flour and salt. Rub in butter until its resembles fine bread crumbs. Add sugar and fruits. Blend together with lightly beaten eggs, milk and vanilla. Place each about 2 tbsp full of mixture on the baking tray, 2" apart. Baked for 15 minutes (depending on size), moderate oven at 380 degrees.
You might also like this
Beauty-and-the-Beast
Apple Cake
Where I get my Chocolate?
Entertaining at Home
Home

No comments:

Post a Comment